BUYERS BEWARE !!! GUESS SCAM!!!
I went shopping at the Dolphin Mall outlet shopping in Miami when I was over there recently. They clearly have a scam going whereby they are placing only one shoe in a shoe box with another black plastic shoe shaped item that looks like a shoe so that customers get scammed thinking there are two shoes in a box. See photo attached.
When you then contact GUESS in America they tell you they have no "International Policy" so the only thing they can do is send you a useless cheque that you cannot bank anywhere but in the US. Given most of the customers at the outlets are from overseas (Most of the people on our shuttle to the Dolphin Mall were hotel pickups and were from overseas) they think that the customer won't have any recourse. No doubt they are collecting extra pairs of shoes and selling them either in store or somewhere else!
I am not sure why an international policy is needed to simply just send me the other shoe that I purchased and paid for! Apparently though it is all too hard for them to get the other shoe from the store, walk to the post office and put in the mail to me.
I am sure this has happened to others as well!
Given I am a long time GUESS customer both in Australia and each time I visit the US, I am shocked that they refuse to sort this out! The only response I had from GUESS Australia was that they would give me a $25.00 voucher to use on my next purchase. Sorry but the shoes cost a lot more than that and the fact that I only have one shoe is USELESS!! Given the refusal to sort this issue out, I can only conclude as above, that this is a SCAM that GUESS or at least some of their staff are involved in, in ripping off overseas customers.
BTW this was all part of a much bigger purchase at the store that day, not to mention I went shopping at two other stores in Miami and regularly shop in their Australian stores (two of the stores closer to me have shut down in recent times)!
It is more than 2 weeks since I raised this with GUESS and I have had no real solution put to me other than the cheque that cannot be banked in Australia. ALL I want is the other SHOE!!! If they do not have the other shoe and these shoes are all sold out, then offer me an alternative pair of shoes that are similar! I want to be a GUESS customer, I want to wear my GUESS shoes and promote their brand. I want to use my GUESS handbags and wear my GUESS clothing but clearly GUESS do not want LOYAL CUSTOMERS!!
Save yourself the drama. From now on I will spend my money elsewhere.
More Review Details
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I returned a blazer that yesterday that I bought the day before which costed me 108 Canadian dollars, the receipt says at the front that the item can be returned..."
- "Ordered a dress and used the size chart provided as a guide and the dress adverised is on the right, the one I recieved is on left...it is not a..."
- "Last week I ordered a cute sweater. Easy right? Nope. It arrived yesterday (from china) and it is not at all what was pictured on the web site. I am..."
- " My 3 months old SC P 20000 Serial # W3DE000347, installed in Goleta, CA USA started spewing ink all over the prints .I called in to raise a complaint..."
- "This is a response to an account manager by the name of Lucy. I am extremely dissatisfied with this entire process. I ordered a dress for a special event in..."
- "why my order to late to arrive ? it should arrive at my home at 12 January , i already call Lazada and Lazada already promise that my order will..."
- "yes guys u are right. There customer service is really worse. We order something and they deliver something else. These people doesn't know how to talk so please don't order..."
- "Do not buy from Wigway/Wigsway. I bought 2 wigs for a family member who has cancer. I ordered a Human Hair brown wigs with blonde highlights and one of the..."
- "I don't understand how you advertise a purfume sale but no one has any stock some of the warehouses state that they never received any to start with and others..."