BUYERS BEWARE !!! GUESS SCAM!!!
I went shopping at the Dolphin Mall outlet shopping in Miami when I was over there recently. They clearly have a scam going whereby they are placing only one shoe in a shoe box with another black plastic shoe shaped item that looks like a shoe so that customers get scammed thinking there are two shoes in a box. See photo attached.
When you then contact GUESS in America they tell you they have no "International Policy" so the only thing they can do is send you a useless cheque that you cannot bank anywhere but in the US. Given most of the customers at the outlets are from overseas (Most of the people on our shuttle to the Dolphin Mall were hotel pickups and were from overseas) they think that the customer won't have any recourse. No doubt they are collecting extra pairs of shoes and selling them either in store or somewhere else!
I am not sure why an international policy is needed to simply just send me the other shoe that I purchased and paid for! Apparently though it is all too hard for them to get the other shoe from the store, walk to the post office and put in the mail to me.
I am sure this has happened to others as well!
Given I am a long time GUESS customer both in Australia and each time I visit the US, I am shocked that they refuse to sort this out! The only response I had from GUESS Australia was that they would give me a $25.00 voucher to use on my next purchase. Sorry but the shoes cost a lot more than that and the fact that I only have one shoe is USELESS!! Given the refusal to sort this issue out, I can only conclude as above, that this is a SCAM that GUESS or at least some of their staff are involved in, in ripping off overseas customers.
BTW this was all part of a much bigger purchase at the store that day, not to mention I went shopping at two other stores in Miami and regularly shop in their Australian stores (two of the stores closer to me have shut down in recent times)!
It is more than 2 weeks since I raised this with GUESS and I have had no real solution put to me other than the cheque that cannot be banked in Australia. ALL I want is the other SHOE!!! If they do not have the other shoe and these shoes are all sold out, then offer me an alternative pair of shoes that are similar! I want to be a GUESS customer, I want to wear my GUESS shoes and promote their brand. I want to use my GUESS handbags and wear my GUESS clothing but clearly GUESS do not want LOYAL CUSTOMERS!!
Save yourself the drama. From now on I will spend my money elsewhere.
More Review Details
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a Gucci bag through bag barrow or steal. the price was about $2000 listed at around $850 which as 30% discount. When I received the bag I..."
- "I should have know better, but I didn't realize it was coming from china, my husband and I are renewing our vows on valentines day which is our anniversary. I..."
- "I had read several reviews that painted this site in a bad light. I then continued my research and watched a few youtube review videos. After I did that, I..."
- "We should have just bought the Brother printer! We're a couple engineers that occasionally work from home and run a small community so we though we'd get ourselves a top of..."
- "So I moved back home finding out my parents are with southern phone, they said they got a "good deal" $115 a month, for 5gig of internet, they have to..."
- "on 17/06/2012 i made an order to Sammy dress spending 251$ for 15 shoes and 6 dresses well is pretty reasonable prize to start my small new business so i..."
- "Please Do NOT PURCHASE from this company. I purchased several items, clothing received was STAINED and jumpsuit was not as described as on website. The most frustrating part of this..."
- "why is it that when i upgrade defences a few days later i have to upgrade again on same defence once i have maxed it for its town hall level..."
- "This is the work of Appliances done right! They said they provided a 90 day warranty, but they will not come out and fix the issues I'm having. ..."